14 September 2018 – Leduc, AB – The Promotions Committee is winding up our Year One media projects, the first part of a three-year promotions plan funded by a City of Leduc grant.
The promotion campaign is intended to increase awareness that Square Dancing exists in Leduc as a recreational opportunity. We want to get our name “out there” in front of the public. Of course, we hope this will also bring new dancers into the club.
The first year program has included:
- Road signage in Leduc, Devon and Wetaskiwin
- Ads on the electronic signage in front of Leduc High School/McLab Theatre (didn happen because the sign broke down!)
- Tri-fold brochures for distribution at community registration days, the Hoedown oon Sept. 15, and through various other outlets
- Posters for both the Hoedown and our club start-up, were displayed in public spaces such as grocery stores, the library, the LRC, community bulletin boards etc.
- We attended three Community Registration events, with signage and video display, in Leduc, Devon, and Beaumont.
- Radio advertising (12 ads, each 30 seconds, on 93.1 FM The One in Leduc)
- Information released to all major local media (Leduc, Calmar, Devon, Beaumont, Edmonton)
- Food (hot dogs, soft drinks, vege trays, fruit trays, bottled water) is lined up for the Hoedown on Sept. 15. Thanks to sponsors so far: Dogzilla, Right Price Produce, Kennelli Springs, Leduc Coop, Safeway.
- Print ad in the Leduc Fall Program Guide (page 70); Business-card ad in the Rodeo Program; display ad in the Beaumont News for two weeks.
Please contact Ron McIntosh email@example.com for further information.