For over 30 years, our club has been bringing the fun, friendship, and fitness of modern square dancing to Leduc and area.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Weekly square dance (and sometimes choreographed ballroom, aka round dance) instruction for new dancers
- Weekly club dances for our members
- Liaison with other clubs in the Edmonton area, for dance visitations between clubs.
- Special charitable dances such as our occasional Hoedown for the Hungry and our annual STARS Benefit
- Occasional theme dances, just to add to the fun
- Social activities such as potlucks, picnics, get-togethers
- Opportunity to take a leadership role in the club
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
(Courtesy of Square Dance BC)
Good for the Body
- Increases lung capacity
- Improves muscle tone, bone density and joint flexibility.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Develops new motor skills.
Good for the Mind
- Square dancing is a group activity that is a great way to meet and make new friends.
- Enjoy a sense of accomplishment while learning something new.
- Learning and remembering calls and cues improves memory.
- Dancing is so much fun that you will leave all your worries and stress at the door!
Good for the Soul
- Make new friends and expand social contacts.
- Meet people from all over Alberta and beyond at special dance events.
- Get involved and volunteer.
- Have fun!
“…square dancing is the perfect exercise. It combines all positive aspects of intense physical exercise with none of the negative elements.” –Dr. Arron Blackburn, Mayo Clinic